The French Marketing Association has been created in 1984 with the support of The French Foundation for Management and Education (FNEGE).
- Since 1985, the French Marketing Association organizes its Annual Congress with more than 300 participants among teacher, practitioners, and researchers.
- In 1986, the French Marketing Association launched its first journal Recherche et Applications en Marketing - RAM (Research and Applications in Marketing). The scientific journal is now a reference and counts more than 800 subscribers. RAM was created based on the best internationals journals as Journal of Marketing or Journal of Marketing research. It has both a French and English publications.
- In 1993, the association created its second journal Décisions Marketing – DM (Marketing Decisions), a journal with business orientation based on marketing decision. It counts more than 700 subscribers. DM has an original positioning which aims at offering rigorous methodological papers and relevant managerial implications.
- In 1996, the association takes an inventory of the thesis defended in marketing in French or undergoing.
- In 1997, the association co-organizes its first Thesis Award in Marketing with the FNEGE.
- In 2000, the association focuses more on doctoral students and offers the possibility to participate to the first dedicated doctoral colloquium.
- In 2004, the association creates the Ateliers de Recherche Appliqués - ARA (Applied Research Workshops). These workshop are a dedicated moment for managers and researchers to meet and exchange about major issues and hot topics in marketing.
- In 2006, the association participates actively to elaborate the scientific ranking list of journal from the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS).
- In 2009, the association decides to diffuse an English version of the articles published in RAM Journal in international databases as EBSCO – Business Source Premier.
- In 2010, the association foster the diffusion “pay-per-view” for the DM journal articles.
- In 2011, the association participate in renewing the scientific ranking list of the CNRS and at the drafting of scientific ranking list of the FNEGE.
The president of the association was :
- Bernard Pras (1984-1988)
- Alain Jolibert (1988-1990)
- Pierre-Louis Dubois (1990-1992)
- Christian Pinson (1992-1994)
- Jérôme Bon (1994-1996)
- Jean-Pierre Helfer (1996-1998)
- Gérard Hermet (1998-2000)
- René Darmon (2000-2002)
- Christian Derbaix (2002-2004)
- Joël Brée (2004-2006)
- Eric Vernette (2006-2008)
- Pierre Desmet (2008-2010)
- Helen Zeitoun (2010-2012)
- Emmanuelle Le Nagard (2012-2014)
- Pierre Volle (2014-2016)